Youth Expedition Project (YEP) Leaders Training for National Youth Council
The objectives of the YEP Leaders Training Programme are to provide the leader and facilitator with the necessary background information and skills to plan and organize a YEP trip, as well as to provide some opportunities to practice facilitation skills through activities designed for direct application within the overseas expedition setting. The knowledge, skills and attitudes where appropriate, are acquired experientially. This course focuses on the following:
- Introduction to YEP and Service-Learning
- Experiential Learning and Facilitation
- Cross-Cultural Learning
- Overseas Partnership and Project Development
- Leadership and Group Management
- Programme Design and Expedition Planning
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Accident and Emergency Management
The YEP Leaders Training Programme is recognized by the National Youth Council (NYC), and participants may apply for a training grant from NYC to fund the YEP Leaders Training course fee if they meet the necessary requirements.
The course comprises:
- first two days non-residential at RI
- 3rd and 4th day residential at Pulau Ubin
- minimum group size: 10
- maximum group size: 16
- course fees: $600 per person (includes tea-breaks, training materials, insurance, and all expenses for Pulau Ubin stay, including ferry, transport, food, accommodation)
RLI aims to confirm the course at least two weeks before the scheduled date and reserves the right to cancel the course at any time before commencement if there are insufficient applicants.
Administration charges apply for any withdrawal less than seven days from the course commencement.
Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to request for the application form.
NOTE: No workshops are scheduled for 2015 at this time.