The objectives of the GAP Semester are:
- Provide greater breadth in the academic and non-academic curricula for students, hence making meaningful use of the time freed up in the Integrated Programme;
- Enable all students to benefit from a broad-based and all-rounded educational experience;
- Provide the differentiation and flexibility necessary to cater to the needs of a diverse group of highly-able and talented students;
- Create a dynamic and vibrant learning environment for students through the diversity of opportunities offered.
“We aim to develop leaders with the passion, values and skills to serve and make a positive difference to the lives of others” - Wellington Leadership Institute
This10-day Global Leaders Program is conducted by Wellington Leadership Institute (WLI) at Wellington College. WLI is the name given to Wellington College’s commitment and approach to universal and on-going leadership training for all, inspired by the outstanding leadership of the Duke of Wellington, by whom the college is founded. This program will also be attended by students from leading UK schools. On this program, students will be challenged on their understanding on leadership, be actively involved in a community project and attend a series of on-site and off-site activities.
Pre-requisites & Expectations
- Students should have a keen interest in developing themselves in the area of leadership which encourages responsibility and service.
- Students must be open to interacting in a new cultural setting as this program will provide students with extended opportunities to interact with students and staff from various cultures.
- Students will have to undergo a selection interview to assess their suitability for the programme.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Reflect and apply practical leadership skills in an authentic environment and feel prepared for turning their ideas in reality;
- Develop cultural competence and awareness which enables them to appreciate other cultures and be able to work alongside each other;
- Be aware and start the journey to develop a personal leadership ethos anchored in a strong sense of social responsibility and commitment to service for public good
- Be part of a community of young people who will be able to support each other in their journey towards becoming leaders of tomorrow.